Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Update: The boys, breeding and life

Sorry about the lack of posts lately. I've been pretty busy with life.

Sadly Lilith died the other day :( She some how managed to jump out of the smallest hole :( I was pretty upset for a few days, she had so much life in her, and loved watching me clean the house. Will miss her.

The boys are doing ok. Sammy & Dean had a case of finrot, Deans went away when I took a log out of his side of the tank, and put it in Sammy's... however Sammy's tail, fins and just general well being looks a bit low. His fins/tail are shrunken, and his colour is not as vibrant, however he appears happy enough, swimming around, showing off, and still eating, so I'm not to concerned at the moment.

I have two new introductions to make:
First is a dragon VT named Castiel, and the second I purchased from Aquabid. She is an orange CT and I'm going to try and find a male CT for her as well as breeding her with Castiel.



I won't post a picture of the new girl until she arrives in early Jan, but I think I am going to call her Ruby. I've been looking at Aquabid for a male, but it is rather expensive. Ruby was $19.80AUS, but then it is going to cost $22 for quarantine and then $16.50 for shipping. So I might go look at the LFS and see what I can find in terms of another girl, and a CT boy.

I've also started to research breeding. I think we'll give Dean the first go, and then Castiel after I have raised the first spawn. I have a friend who is interested in one, so I'm pretty happy about that, and I might keep one if it turns out well. The tank I was going to use for Ruby was given away, so I'll have to invest in a new one, and then I already have one here to use as the breeding tank. It's about a 8 or 9 gallon tank, so hopefully that will work out ok.

For those in Australia, keep an eye out at FishChick's fish. She has some stunners! Fishchick youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment