Thursday, October 1, 2009

The New Tank

The boys got a new tank yesterday. I decided to get a 3 foot tank, and divide it in half for them, it ends up a bit smaller than the tanks they already have, but it frees up the other two tanks for a female, and an eventual breeding tank.

Obviously I had to divide the tank, and as mentioned before, no one had ready made dividers. However the other day I stumbled upon a valuable source of information on making a divider.


All I did was get two A4 sheets of plastic mesh from a craft store (Spotlight, around $3.50AUD a sheet) and two A4 clamp files like above (Coles, $2.09AUD each) My tank is a bit higher than the A4, so I just sewed the two pieces together with some clear fishing line, and then ripped the clamp off the folder, and put it on either side of the mesh. After that I just put it in the tank, and cut to size. Stupidly I didn't think of taking any photos for here, but everything is above in the link!

My tank itself, as mentioned is a three footer. It was about $250AUD for the tank and the stand, I got a heater for about $30AUD and my brother shouted me a new light ($100AUD), and two plants for each side, so hopefully Sammy & Dean are happy with that!!

Made a trip down to PETstock. They had new male bettas in, but none of them really appealed to me, I think I was incredibly lucky with the colours I got in Sammy & Dean, however now I know where they keep the females, but I'm going to wait until I see a stunner before I get one. I might even buy over the net.

I hope to have Sammy and Dean in their new tanks before Saturday, so once they have settled and it all looks pretty, I will post some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment